Saturday, January 1, 2011

New figure completed for the New Year




Hello Campers,






I trust that everyone had a great Christmas with their family ?? right.. good... Now take a moment and think of the troops who are over in countrys that are hostile... say a prayer for them that they can come home soon and be done with this BS....




well I finished another figure...




Saqqara from SolarWind production a great kit, very well sculpted and super great detail. I had only 1 tiny problem with this model kit.... The resin was very porous, this means that the resin had many open areas that would just soak up liquid putty and believe Me.. the lil bitch drank alot of it. But after really slapping her silly with the putty... it started to pay off. WoooHooo right... wrong....4 days straight of filling, sanding, filling sanding.. then using Mr. Surfacer 500 every 4 hours for the 3rd day... finaly got her level and smooth. so by the end of the 4th day I was ready to chunk her sweet lil ass as far as I could throw it.... then I recall how much I spent on her ass.... soooo I didn't lol




I'm not going to go into super detail about the build seeing as how I'm sure you'd rather see the photos. All colors were acrylic paints.. some from Folk Art, Com-Art now the gold area's on this lovely ladys outfit was done with a Gold Leafing product. Was great stuff and lays down real nice.


Now if you wish to see all the WIP stuff... check out PhotoBucket... look up WhiteHorse03
plenty of WIP in there... feel free to leave comments or questions.. I'll try to answer ASAP






No comments:

Post a Comment